I am not currently taking orders for mega shoeboxes
I have a back log to get through before Christmas, and then I think I will be taking a break from building them for a while.
Try my free plans and build your own one instead!
I get a lot of emails from people who want to purchase a Mega Shoebox from me.
In the interest of saving time, I thought I’d post this up here and simply link to it in future:
I charge $500 per box. This includes a $250 deposit which is non refundable once I start work on it.
Balance is due on completion, before pickup. So if you bank deposit the final payment, that’s fine, but you can’t pick up the box until the payment clears. Cash is king, people.
I live in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. I do accept interstate orders, but there are a few conditions:
- You source the mover and cover all costs. On my end I do nothing other than provide you with a pickup point and time. Don’t ask me, I will not organise it for you.
- I can wrap it securely in new bubble wrap for you at a cost.
- I build the boxes to be as strong and robust as possible, but I don’t know what 24hrs bumping and shaking around in the back of a truck will do to them. All I can say is that when it leaves my workshop, it will be in A1 condition, I take no responsibility for what happens to it after that.
- Pickup address for you to get a delivery quote is Fawkner, Victoria. Postcode 3060.
I only deliver if you are near me, and I charge for it. I will deliver them to most areas near me depending on the distance, delivery fee starting from $50. I can only fit one box in my car, so if you order more than one, I will have to charge the delivery fee separately on each.
You are most welcome to pick up your completed Shoebox yourself, in fact, I prefer it!
I cannot deliver it to you overseas! Trust me, you do not want to have to pay the delivery on one of these. It would be cheaper in most cases to simply fly me to your house, have me build it, and then fly me home again. First Class. Ok maybe a slight exaggeration but still, it’s a giant wooden box, it’s not worth the ridiculous amount that international delivery would entail.
All contact with me will be via email, not over the phone. I promise I’m not dodgy, I just do woodworking for fun! I have a fulltime job so I can’t take phonecalls during the day to discuss orders and things like that, but I’m happy to do so over email. If talking on the phone is important to you, don’t order through me.
I allow myself at least 2 weeks to build each box from date of deposit received, though I try to get them done faster than that. However depending on my workload it may be longer in some cases, this we can confirm before you pay.
- The boxes are sized roughly 1000x700x450
- They easily fit 16 pairs of shoes.
- Made from quality 18mm plywood;
- Painted on the outside only;
- One large sticker on top (roughly 40x35cm);
- Two or three stickers on the sides, roughly 10x14cm;
- In either the two drawer or hinge lid design as seen on my website.
If you are still interested in ordering one, feel free to contact me!